The day has finally come for the Layton Triathlon. This last weekend Natalie, Matt, Ashley, Gabe and I all competed in the race. We had a lot of fun doing this. Ashley and I have been training for the last couple of weeks together. I was not as nervous as I was last year, but once we started walking over to the pool my nervousness kicked in full force.
The training has been awesome to be outside and it hasn't allowed me to put off working out to the next day (day after day). My goal was to beat my time from last year by 18 minutes and finish under an hour. Well that almost happened. I finished in 1:02. I was a little bummed that I missed it, but there is always next year.
Here is cute Gabers waiting for the Kid's Race to start. He did such an awesome job! He finished in 15 minutes! Fastest 6 year old of the whole race!
Here is a pre-race faces! You should be very scared!
My stupid goggles starting fogging up to I did about half the swin with my goggles like this.
Natalie kicking butt on her swim
Lindsey and the boys were hanging out not quite expecting me to come back from the bike portion. Good news! I got unclipped from my petals without a problem. The bike portion was BY FAR my best section when last year it was my worst. Grateful for Ruby getting me from start to finish in a timely manner.
Here is Ash finishing her run. She did an AMAZING JOB! Go, Philly!
The run was AWFUL! After the first .25 mile I got the most intense Charlie Horse in my life in my calve. I never in my life have experienced one so painful. It was horrible. It slowed me down quite a bit. Still 36 hours later my calve is so tight. OUCH!
The four-Triers!
I'm grateful to be able to do something to honor my Zachery. It helped my healing process A LOT last year and put my energy into something positive we were planning to do together and I had a lot of fun pushing myself and doing it again this year. I'm so thankful to have such awesome family & friends to not only support me and cheer me on but compete in the triathlon.
Until 2012...

You're my hero, you sexy bronze goddess!!
ReplyDelete