
Who doesn't want to keep up at 5:00am on Saturday morning and ride 40 miles on your bike? Well me and Julie didn't either but we went. It sounded cooler prior to my alarm going off. I had previously planned to ride this with my dear friends, Jill and Shaun. But due to there sweet little girl and the start time of the race they opted to sit out this year. So I called my sister and convinced her she needed to do this with me. Always up for a challenge, she agreed. Julie slept over at my house, which depite how old you get you still can get the giggles with your sissy in bed. When the alarm went off we both showered and put on our padded bikers.

This was a first for both of us. I had never gone this far on my bike. The longest ride I had done was 18 miles so I was a little nervous and not to mention all of the "serious cyclist" are a little scary. Julie and I had a great time. It was so much spending some one-on-one time with my awesome sister.

We finished our ride in a little over 3 hours. That is a lot of "sit time" on your bike but after a while you can't feel anything! :) I'm grateful for days like this that I get to do new things and lucky enough to have a wonderful sister who is nice enough to say yes!
(Also, thank you to our sponsors for our ride. We really missed you on our ride, Jill & Shaun. But fully expect you to be there next year with me!)
No comments:
Post a Comment