"Who's the leader of the band that's made for you and me?
M-I-C K-E-Y
M-O-U-S-E!"
I know what everyone is probably thinking, another trip. Seriously? Yes. I seriously enjoyed my time being unemployed. I actually have been planning this trip to California with my sister and the other trips just happen to come around the same time.
My sister Natalie, surprised her three kiddos with a trip to Disney and was kind enough to ask their favorite Auntie to join. I couldn't resist the offer and packed my bags.
I decided to fly out a day early and stay with my friend, Nergal. It had been a couple of years since we had seen each other; so it was perfect timing. He lives in a downtown LA and showed me a wonderful time. I had never been to Santa Monica and it is beautiful. I was laughing because you could tell who the locals were, they were all bundled up in their winter attire and all of the tourists were walking around in a t-shirt & jeans. We basically ate ourselves through LA, but we went to some great restaurants. He took me to a delicious Italian restaurant in Santa Monica on 3rd street Promenade. The weather was perfect for dining out on the patio and listening to the musicians. We then walked around downtown for a bit and strategically ended up at his apartment just in time for the Super Bowl. Still not quite sure how that happened, good timing on his end. After that he took me to see LA Live. Pretty cool area and just fun to see a new city, especially one that is so different from SLC. We then headed to dinner, which was a fantastic Korean BBQ restaurant called, Tahoe Galbi. I wasn't sure what to expect but this place had a grill in front of you and cooked your food. It was TASTY!
My time went fast in LA and I was sad to leave to head to Anaheim but excited to surprise my babies! They had no idea I was going to be in California and were all very sad when I told them I was leaving to California and wasn't going to be at Grandma's with them for Sunday dinner. Little did they know....
Nergal was a sweetheart and took me to Long Beach bright n' early so he could still make it to work. Thanks to LA traffic it took us 30 minutes to get there and then nearly 2.5 hours to get back. I felt awful, but was so appreciative of his kindness.
Here is where the Disney magic begins.....
Porter LOVED the rides. He would actually cry when the ride would stop. And the Tea Cups was a favorite of Hads & Porter so we experienced the spinning cups MANY times.
If Disney wasn't enough fun we headed to Medieval Times for a night of fun. The kiddos loved the show and Haddie was even lucky enough to get a flower from our manly Knight.
I was lucky enough to be able to get to see an old friend, Jolie, who is actually a Disney Ambassador. It was fun to catch up with her and her about her exciting job. And since Nergal didn't spend enough time in traffic earlier in the week for me, he decided to take another 2 hours to come join me for an afternoon at Disney. Even though he wasn't ecstatic about joining to Disney he had a great time with Gabe. They both ganged up on me and had a great time together!
Porter had his first birthday while we were on the trip. So he received many phone calls from our family singing to him. (picture in bottom right corner)
If Disney wasn't enough, we headed down to San Diego for more adventures at Sea World. I am a proud Season Pass owner if anyone wants to go! :)
It was a really great trip and a wonderful 8 days with family & friends. I was not ready to come home to snow and the cold weather.
Here's to another great trip for the Year of Dreams!










No comments:
Post a Comment