"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer has arrived

 There is no better way to start summer then heading to Lake Powell for 5 days!
I was lucky enough to receive an invite from my friend, Tyler who had put together a trip.
You say Powell and I am in with very few questions asked. 

Although I was a little nervous to go because I only knew 2 people in the group, 
I am SO GLAD I went.  
I met some wonderful people.
Enjoyed time in the sun.
Boated our hearts out.
And laughed until I couldn't breathe. 
 
 Anyone that has spent extended time on a house boat knows you can get a little cabin fever at night.  
Thanks to whoever packed these furry green gems because 
they provided many laughs and quite the photo shoot. 

 Five days together can also bring on some funny jokes. 
Thanks to the warm sun most of us were up around 7:00am. 
This particular morning we had woken up around 5:30am 
and Ry'Lee nicely told us to roll over and go back to sleep.  
We all listened especially, Tyler. 
A few of us only slept for another hour or so because it was getting so warm.  
Somehow, Tyler fell into a super deep sleep so as each once of us woke up 
we carefully put our blankets on him.  
Needless to say, when Ty finally stumbled downstairs he was dripping with sweat and quite confused.
 Thanks to our early morning wake ups, Coke: Thirty was in order! 
 Our last day did not disappoint. 
 I was determined to push myself and learn something new on the wake board.  
I can now go outside wake both on my toe AND heel edge!  
Even after a couple of good falls, I'm still smiling!
(For all you pros out there, be nice!  It was something new I had never learned before)


 Look at this water below, it was perfect!
(And Tyler's short shorts make it that much better)


Once again, Lake Powell did not disappoint.  
Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment