"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Spandex and Peddaling

I'm starting to second guess some of the activities I do for fun. 
I rode the ULCER ride again this year and opted for the 67 mile portion. 
The first 50ish miles were great.  
I'm not the fastest, but I just keep going. 
The last 12ish miles were DEATH!
I honestly thought I was going to kill myself, I was HOT, thirsty, hungry, out of water and ready to be done.

But I finished! 
Important lessons were learned during this ride:
A. Don't stay up late the night before the race.
B. Hydrate up the day before and the morning before the race.
C.  A mini Luna bar does not equal a breakfast for this long of a race.
D. Purchase a mini snack bag like Jilly so you can munch on treats easily during the ride. 
E. 67 mile rides you have to train for.
F.  Listening to LMFAO helps you get through the last few miles when you want to quit.


I was actually shocked how quickly my body recovered from this ride.  My legs weren't sore at all, I just craved a lot of water for the next 48 hours.  So I will take that compared to previous rides.

1 comment:

  1. amazing! 67 miles... that is insane! definitely inspiring! good work!

    ReplyDelete