"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

CAHOOTS

Sometimes we get real bad ideas, that at one time we thought was a real good one. 
Signing up for Cahoots Duo Race was one of those things. 
Natalie, Julie, Ashley and I all signed up for this race in Solider Hollow in August.  
I most certainly underestimated the difficulty of the race and nearly died from all the hills.

There were 20 obstacles that you had to complete with a partner.  
They ranged from scaling a wall to hold hands with an electric wire in between you and your partner so if either one of you slipped you were shocked. 
NOTE TO ASHLEY: please NEVER touch the wire again!  It really did hurt!

We had a great time, with the exception of nearly dying, being shocked and Ashley being attacked by a hornet. 
Not sure if team, "We're going to die!" will ever compete in this again?
But at least we have good stories.

And I had a battle wound for almost a month.  Last week it finally went away.  
Sad thing is I don't even know which challenge did this to me! 

I guess this makes up for not competing in my tri this year. 

2 comments:

  1. That looks painful! I refuse to do Tough Mudder cuz it has an electric wire too. Haha! You're hardcore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that battle wound looks brutal! but what an awesome memory this experience must be for you!!

    ReplyDelete