Three years ago today, this young man made Heaven a brighter place.
Three years ago today, my heart broke.
Three years ago today, I can remember every detail vividly.
Three years ago today, I learned the most valuable lesson;
Never take people you love in your life for granted.
Life is beyond precious and with a blink of an eye it can be gone.
Zach and I taught each other a lot.
We were both each other's first loves.
We laughed a lot together.
And supported each other always.
I know he is watching over me.
There are days that it almost feels like he is standing next to me.
I miss him so much.
I miss his giant hugs
I miss his laugh.
I miss his "Just Because" surprises.
I just miss him.
Zachery Alan will always have a piece of my heart.
I found this quote a while back and it has stuck with me.
I know it was the words I needed to hear.
It is hard to live in a world with so much hate and sadness and not become a little jaded.
Bad things happen to good people.
I am a firm believer, that certain things just shouldn't happen.
I do not believe any parent should ever have to bury their child
nor should anyone this young have to deal with losing the one they love.
I made a promise to Zach a couple of years ago when I was in such a funk trying to deal with losing him.
I promised him I would SHINE.
Continue to make a difference in the world.
Not let this destroy me, but change me so I appreciate people more.
Change me in a way, that I can support others going through similar things.
I am determined to not let myself be hard, hate or bitter.
Mainly, hard. I am not hateful or too bitter.
That is not who Zach fell in love with.
I am going to do my best to not let lives lessons make me cold.
It takes some reminders, but seeing his smile helps me remember the person I was with him.
The person I wanted to become.
I WILL SHINE!
I love you.
What a sweet post! I love that quote. What a good reminder to live each day a little better, thanks Morgan!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your strength and comment on my blog. You are beautiful and so strong, you give me strength. So much love for you sweet girl
ReplyDelete