"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

Sunday, January 6, 2013

It's the most wonderful time of the year

I am a lover for Christmas.
This year I was able to spend time studying and reflecting on the birth of our Savior. 
I'm thankful for this time to learn new things and appreciate what this day really means. 

My parents have always gone above and beyond to make this day special for all of us.
I love spending time with my family, playing games and laughing together. 


This little boy sure brings a lot of laugher and love to the whole family!  It is so much fun having kiddos for Christmas.  It brings the magic back that so often gets lost with adults.


Christmas morning teeth brushing!  We can't go see if Santa has come until our hair is brushed and teeth are clean! 
Even though we weren't able to spend Christmas with all of our family, we were able to "see" our California family and wish them a Merry Christmas!
Thank goodness for technology... makes being so far away from them a little easier.

I was on the quest for the perfect gift for those on my list.  Early November, I had a bright idea to sew a quilt.  Mind you, I've NEVER sewn anything in my life.  After Stacy being kind enough to show me how the sewing machine worked and the necessary steps I started working on this quilt.  
I am proud to say, I did the ENTIRE thing!  
So much time and effort went into this quilt, it was a little difficult to give it.  
Good thing it was received with much love.  
Let's hope it stays together now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment