"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Big Apple

With all of traveling I have done, I have never been in the city of New York. 
I have flown into JFK once before, but immediately got on my flight to DC.

My friend, Rachael needed help with an event in New York.
So like any good friend, I immediately accepted the invite.

I flew in on Friday evening and did not have to start working until Sunday afternoon. 
The original plans was that she would be with me. 
She had some uncontrollable situations happen and ended up flying in Sunday morning. 
So that left me to explore the city solo.
If I had one word to describe New York, it would be INTIMIDATING.

I wondered the city on Saturday and ended up shopping in SoHo.

Along my journey I found some tasty tasty treats. 
Black and White cookies.
I discovered them back in college when I was back east and have craved them ever since. 

After I was too hot and sticky to wonder the city anymore I headed back to my hotel to go running. 
Ragnar is less than a week away and I needed to get some miles in. 
How can you not love running along the water and city? 



Later that night, I made my way to 42nd Street and Time Square. 
This was the New York I had always pictured.
And I couldn't go all the way to the Big Apple without seeing a Broadway show. 
I wanted to see MoTown and Matilda while I was there. 
I wasn't able to get both of them in, but was able to see Matilda.
The show was darling and the staging was so cute. 
Sunday morning, Rachael came to town and I have never been happier to see someone so early. 
We got ready and headed for brunch and shopping until we had to start working. 

The conference was a lot of work so we pretty much didn't leave the hotel for anything on Monday or Tuesday. 
The event was a success and Rachael once again did an amazing job. 
This was from the top of our hotel. 
The view was gorgeous. 
I later learned that my hotel was starring into Brooklyn. 
That is not what I pictured when I heard Brooklyn.
Rachael and I have known each other for years.  
We met the end of my first year of college and have been friends ever since. 
She is one amazing lady and I will really miss her when she moves to San Fran. 

No comments:

Post a Comment