The 4th of July is a Best family favorite.
It is absolutely my favorite holiday.
I love what the holiday represents.
I love what we do to celebrate.
and I love spending time with my family.
We start our celebrations very early with the 5k.
Like always, we let Julie and Matt battle it out for the 1st place runner.
The award goes to Matt this year.
He was a speedy thing.
23:06
and Julie was close behind him with 25:16
While they were running we took pictures of ourselves.
That's what we do.
Haddie picked out sunglasses just like her Auntie.
She is too cute.
After the 5k we all headed over to enjoy the city breakfast.
These little boys were giving some extra loves to their Auntie.
Keeping tradition alive we headed over to the parade and cheered on our local favorites.
Matt and I deem this as our holiday.
We like to go, go, go on this day.
And it is all about the fun.
We were lucky enough to have Grandma join us for the festivities.
We sure love this lady.
I'm grateful for everyday I get to be with her.
I'm so thankful to live in this country of freedom.
I'm thankful each day we are working towards true equality.
One day we will get there, I know it.
I am beyond grateful for the men and women that have served/serving to protect our freedom.
Happy 4th of July!
Miss you!! Miss the Bests! Xox
ReplyDelete