While I was in Las Vegas, I received some heartbreaking news of a death in the family.
My cousins, Rachel and Allie lost their Dad suddenly.
Breaks my heart to think they will not have their dad here with them.
When the time came to celebrate Steve's life, we rallied together and spent time in California.
I was able to go out a couple of days prior to my family to spend sometime with the girls.
I'm so glad I did.
I love these cousins of mine.
The weekend was spent hanging out as family.
Laughing and catching up and spending time together.
Since we are rarely out here in an acceptable time of year to enjoy the pool, Julie and I spent a couple of hours in the back yard enjoying the California sun.
The sweet little lady came out of the celebration and enjoyed being the only little person all weekend.
My trip to California would not be complete without at least one visit to Jack's.
Maybe this one included two different visits!
These are the urban fries and are life changing.
So delicious.
I love that I was able to spend lots of time with my cousins and do things we typically don't get to do together.
Will was up from San Diego.
We were all joking that we will talk about this weekend together with our kids and say "remember when we young and all went out country dancing together and got lost on the freeway? Those were good times!"
Family is the one thing I treasure the most.
I have the best family and so grateful we are here for each other when we need it the most.


No comments:
Post a Comment