December 9, 2006
Our First Date went down in history as the "Best First Date Ever"
(journal entry talking about our first date)
"My sister, Jennifer set us up on our first date. She had been asking for quite some time if I would go out with this "great kid", she knew from school. After hearing a little more about him, I agreed. Neither one of us knew too much about each other but we were excited about the date.
When Zach arrived to pick me up, I was shocked. First he was standing there with beautiful red roses for me. And second, Jennifer forgot to mention he was 6'8". I was in heels, standing a step above him and he was still towering me.
We went with his cousin, Jessica and her boyfriend, Mark. All four of us, had a great time together. Before the date, Zach had done his research and found out that I love steak. He took me to Flemings, an incredible steak house and then we walked through temple square lights. He pulled out all the stops.
On our way downtown, we talked with such ease. We both talked about school and our families. As we talked I felt completely myself. I knew I wanted to get to know him better. At the end of the date, Zach asked me if he could call me again? Of course, the answer was YES!
I immediately came inside and called Jennifer and told her how wonderful the date went and how amazing I thought Zach was.
The next day, Zach called me to tell me what a great time he had and that he couldn't wait until our next date. I was on cloud nine and more than impressed with Zach."
This is how our story began.
I can remember the details of this night.
The way he looked at me.
The blue sweater he wore.
I miss him.
December is a hard month.
So many memories together.
For the first year, he would always text me reminders about our first date and keep track of how long we had known each other.
He had a very tender side.
Zach will always have a piece of my heart.
Always.

No comments:
Post a Comment