"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

California Celebration: Allie's Graduation

Most days I really hate that my cousins live in California.
My Grandma and Great Uncle did a great job making sure that our families are close.
Years later we still crave spending time and being with each other. 
The last couple visits have been due to funeral services. 
When Allie sent her Graduation announcement, I immediately wanted to be there. 

Sacramento is a 10 hour drive. 
But it was worth every minute in the car. 
It was so great to be with my family. 
I sure miss my cousins, Allie and Rachel. 

Tyler was kind enough to make the journey with me.
We make a good road trip pair. 
Once Hadley found out TyTy was coming she made sure she was able to come. 
So the three of us made the journey leaving 5:30pm on Thursday night. 




Utah winters are filled with cold and gross air. 
We welcomed the sun and clean air. 
We even made everyone sit outside for lunch at Jack's. 
Turned out it wasn't quite that warm, but my family was good sports. 
These fries alone are worth the drive.  
Jack's Urban Fries.  
A Sacramento tradition.

Rach is a tall one.  
Clearly, she didn't receive that from our side of the family. 
She had Tyler beat by at least an inch.

We all have the best time together.  
It is moments like these that you realize how lucky you are when you have such a great family. 



After Allie's Graduation party on Saturday we still wanted to do something fun as a family. 
Haddie somehow convinced everyone to go see Frozen. 
People couldn't resist her sweet invitation. 
The show was absolutely darling.  
One of my favorite Disney shows. 

When I told Hads to go grab her shoes, I thought she would remove her socks. 
Turns out she went around looking like Michael Jackson. 
We sang so much Frozen both to and from Sacramento. 
SO MUCH. 
We make a good crew together. 


As every year, I realize more and more how important family is.
They are a constant. 
They are my blood. 
And I couldn't love them more. 
I'm so glad that I was able to go and spend the weekend with my wonderful California family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment