Sometimes when you are making year goals you put down....
Run a half marathon.
WHY?
Why do I do this to myself?
I've been training pretty consistently for the past several months.
Surprisingly, I have started to find myself in a pretty good groove with running.
My body feels pretty good during and after my runs.
I signed up and paid my money May 31st, so I could no scare myself out of it.
The week of my race, I started getting allergies... or so I thought.
Turns out I came down with a NASTY COLD!
I'm so mad.
I haven't had a cold ALL year long.
The week of my big run.
BOOM! Cold. Hacking cough.
I was still determined to complete this goal.
Friday I started getting really nervous and anxious.
I called Tyler to see if he would be nice enough to do it with me.
At midnight, he officially decided he was the greatest friend ever and was going to get up at 3:00am and hope they would let him buy an entry!
Thankfully they did!
I was so glad that he was there with me.
I was so nervous.
It was nice to have someone to be at the starting line.
Did I mention it was 32 degrees at the starting line?
SO COLD!
We ran the first mile or so together and then I told Tyler to get running so he could make his 1:50 goal.
The run was gorgeous.
It was down Big Cottonwood Canyon.
Considering how sick I was and that this was my first half, I felt great.
I got tired around mile 11.
Pushed through entire this little lady grabbed my hand and ran with me until the finish line.
My kiddos are finish line experts and love running with us.
It is so nice to hear and see your family.
They make the experience.
I have some real great cheerleaders.
Best finish line ever!
I'm really glad that I pushed myself to do this.
I'm so glad that Ty was kind enough to not only support me on this, but to come do it with me.
Ragnar in 8 days and counting.....





That's awesome. Way to go! Love the jumping picture.
ReplyDeleteHave fun at Ragnar!!