We hit ancient Rome hard.
I traveled 5,749 miles to make a wish in the Trevi fountain and it was closed for restoration work.
It will be closed until 2015.
We were a little bummed.
They had a small little tub that you could throw your coin in and make a wish.
Just wasn't the same.
Clearly we will need to go back to see this complete.
We went to the Colesseum.
I had imagined the Colesseum.
But nothing could have prepared me.
It was this moment that I had my "holy crap! I'm in Europe" moment.
We were all waiting for it.
It happened.
It was such a cool piece of history to be right in the middle of.
The size of the Colosseum itself was incredible.
I wasn't prepared for it to be SO big.
When it was built, it could hold 50,000-80,000 people.
To put things in perspective, the Delta Center holds just under 20,000 people.
We decided to take a tour so we could learn about the history.
Turned out to be a complete bust.

The amount of buildings they have found in this city, is truly incredible.
One of my favorite things about this city is the fresh water.
You could fill your water bottles with cold tasty water!


This little Roman and his partner in crime forced us to take pictures and then wanted $5 per picture that he took.
Needless to say, we didn't pay. They were angry and we walked away with them yelling.
But the pictures and story still makes us laugh.
"Excusie, Excusie, $5 per picture! Excusie!"
We headed down to the Pantheon.
It was so tall and gorgeous inside.
If there was ever a photo that captured a moment it was this one.
I was SO HOT. It was 98% humidity this day and my feet were exhausted, retaining water and over walking.
But shortly after this, was a great moment in the trip.
We picked up our clean laundry.
Some sweet lady did our laundry for $7... and it was totally worth it.
It smelled SO fresh.
We had a bag full of clean clothes.
It the small things that keep up happy.










No comments:
Post a Comment