"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

Monday, January 5, 2015

48 hours in NYC

We looked at the flights and decided we needed to see New York City at Christmas time. 
This was actually a long time coming. 
Well... we had this idea 2 years ago. 
This year we made it a reality. 
We took the red eye flight. 
Neither one of us slept at all on the flight, thanks to me. 
My body hates the red eyes. 
So we just giggled and watched movies. 
How much can two people see in 48 hours in the Big Apple?

Before we went, I wanted to see Motown. 
It was the show I missed on my last trip. 
He wanted to see Matilda. 
So we decided to divide and conquer. 
It was great. 
No hurt feelings. 
No compromising. 
He walked me to my theater and we said we would meet in 3 hours. 
After that we needed a little NYC pick me up. 
We hit up the street stands and devoured a delish hot dog. 

New York at Christmas time was magical. 
Everything was HUGE. 
We wandered the city. 
And just loved it. 
It was great to be back traveling with Ty. 

We needed a little dinner, so why not try a street Gyro this time?
I had already purchased a ticket for Once for Saturday evening and Tyler was undecided what show he wanted to see. 
We went to see if he would be selected for the Wicked. 
Turns out, I was selected for the lottery. 
So I had to decide between Once and Wicked. 
It was tough but I decided to go with Once because I had never seen it before. 
After the shows, we were exhausted. 
We headed back to a friend of Tyler's place. 
We were E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D.

We woke up Sunday morning back our bags and headed back to the city. 
We wanted to walk the Brooklyn Bridge and get pizza. 
Perfect. Day. 







This was seriously the best weekend ever. 
We hadn't been on a trip together in a while. 
and we both just needed to get away.  

Thanks Tyler for taking to me to NYC.  
You're the greatest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment