"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

Sunday, July 5, 2009

God Bless the USA

The 4th of July is one of my top three holidays. I love going home and spending the entire day with my family. It is a day of fun with the Best Family. We started our day at 7:30 am at the 5k finish line cheering on Matt & Julie. Way to go, Matt & Jules! Then we were off to the breakfast at Dick's Supermarket. I love this tradition. It was fun to see people from Layton and be with family! It was then officially parade time! I wouldn't be anywhere else on the 4th besides the Layton. It was so fun with all the kiddos and my sisters.
Growing up with our Dad in the military me and my sisters have such an appreciation for the sacrifices made to keep our country safe and free.
Sisterly Love!

The 4th is mine & Matt's holiday. We love watching the parade together! He was teasing me for my "Top Gun" sunglasses and decided that it was a picture perfect moment!
Cole loved watching the parade and yelling to everyone one "Hi kids! Happy 4th of July!" He is such a handsome dude and is getting so big!
My sister Jennifer and her two sweet girls, Sophia (4) and Chloe (3)
All 7 kiddos having fun at the parade! (Dylan 6, Sophia 4, Gabe 4, Cole 3, Chloe 3, Hadley 1 and Christiana 11 months)
Chrissy looking C-O-O-L!
Sophia & Gabe- Best buddies! After the parade is was swim time at Grandma's. Jennifer and John bought this incredible inflatable toy for all of us to play on. It was a blast!
Haddie is so sweet!
Most of the kids having fun! Poor Christiana did not want to take a picture shortly followed by Cole.

And the winner is....
We spent a majority of the day in my parents backyard. They should be afraid to see their next water bill. The water was on pretty much the whole day! After all the fun in the sun we had friends and family over for a BBQ. We all love Big Earl's cooking and love any excuse to eat his burgers. We then had a Big Earl firework show. This years was more "kid friendly" so they were all pretty quiet. We had a lot of fun playing with sparklers and watching the kids have so much fun.

My Grandma, Mom and sweet Haddie Mae
Me and Matt helping the kids with sparklers.
My sweet papa. I love him so much and so grateful for him serving our country for so many years.
Me and Chloeina were both so tired!
Another great 4th of July! I love that my whole family comes home to celebrate together. There is no other place I would rather be then in my hometown of Layton. I am proud to be an American and happy to celebrate this holiday as a nation.
God Bless the USA!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I miss my second family! You are so beautiful! What a fun day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mo, I had no idea you had a blog! How come you never told me before!? So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Morgan! Saw you on Cara's blog and had to come say hi! Hope life's treating you well... crazy how long it's been, feels like we were just playing night games! haha

    ReplyDelete