"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Who says you can't have fun at the big 2-6?

October has arrived. Which means I am another year older. Let me just say I have had a few issues with adding an additional year to my age the past few years. I made a resolution to have the "BEST BIRTHDAY EVER" and that is just what I had. My birthday was started with this email going out to my department... (my boss sure thought he was funny this day.) The October 1st birthday is Morgan Best. , or MoBe (Used to be my homey now you act like ya don’t know me) is our resident I. (Ask her what it means). There are a few things you can be sure about with Morgan. 1- She’ll have more energy than you; 2- She’ll drink more Coke than you; 3- She’ll laugh longer and louder than you (OK, I can think of 2 exceptions to this); 4- She’ll admit that Enrollment’s grass isn’t greener than ours (J); 5- she’ll sing better than you (Go with it, Chad….) and 6- IF you are lucky enough to have her as your friend, she’ll be one of the best friends you have….Oh, and 7- when you do talk to her, YOU will do most of the talking. Morgan has been phenomenal as our Training Administrator and we’re so grateful that she had the wisdom and foresight to bring this position to us. Oh…. And 8- She’s a better tap dancer than you are! Happy Birthday to Morgan…you only turn 23 once!!!! Thanks to my wonderful family and friends I had a day to remember. I started off working and had a special delivery from my sissy and family with homemade cinnamon rolls. These tasty rolls are to DIE for!
Then after work, I relied on my party planner, Haddie. She planned my afternoon at "Chuck n' Cheese". It was quite the party. I brought up my 2 favorite girls from SLC, Sophia and Chloe and we were off to celebrate my birthday. Not a lot of people let their 2 year niece plan their party. But I couldn't resist on the 3rd or 4th calling asking, "Aunt Mo, do you want to have your birthday at Chuck n' Cheese?" How can you say no to that?
After my unforgettable celebration at Chuck E Cheese. I was off to celebrate my day with my dear friends. We started the celebration at one of my favorite places in the world, Charlie Chows. We had some tasty grub and an even better time.
After dinner, we headed to the patio of the garage to have a good time. It was so much fun to chat and laugh outside on such a beautiful night.
My ladies brought me some tasty cupcakes for my birthday treat! So sweet and SO tasty!


My dear friend, Erin came to celebrate with me. It was such a wonderful night having her there with me. I don't see her nearly as much as I would like but it is just like old times when I am with her!
After a great time at the Garage. I headed home to watch a movie and was surprised by some great friends with a "Heart Attack". So cute!
Hands down, I had a fantastic birthday! It was just the day I needed to ring in my last year of my mid-twenties. I'm so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family who know how to make me feel so loved. I was spoiled rotten and am so thankful for such wonderful people in my life.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Morgster!! Send some of those cinnamon rolls my way. Or at least the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mo! I sure love you and miss you I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those cinnamon rolls look so yummy!!! Looks like you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete