"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Best Trip Ever!

I know, I'm a little slow posting about my FANTASTIC trip to Washington DC. I had the best time EVER and didn't want to leave! It was so much fun seeing an exciting new place and being with Miss Langles! I just love that girl to death and miss having her with me at work everyday! So it was a great way to see a new place and spend some quality time with Amy. Here is our first day walking around the Capitol. I took the red-eye from SLC to NYC and then connected to DC. Needless to say, I needed a serious nap! So we took it pretty easy this day! I was amazed by this amazing city just walking around! Day 2 started off with heading to a fun little market and then to the Zoo after our little adventure trying to find the car. Seriously it was very entertaining and so me and Amy! Little A loves the zoo and was eating up all the animals. It was an incredible zoo and saw some really fun animals! By far the Lion exhibit was my favorite. Market was fantastic too! We also drove around and found ourselves in Chinatown. One turn to the right you are in Chinatown another turn to the right and you are in the ghetto. I was amazed how many "different areas" of DC there were. That same night after we put Afton to bed, Nate was kind enough to stay home with the baby and Amy and I went out walked the Mall. This was my FAVORITE! I could have done that the entire trip and with the exception of my feet I would have never wanted to stop!
Lincoln's Monument was my favorite! World War II Monument.
Sunday, we went out and about to see more musuems and monuments! It was such a fantastic day. I loved this city and couldn't get enough of it!
Who knew it was so big? Not me!
When we stopped in front of the White House. A group of tourists stopped and was looking at Afton. Without even asking then started taking pictures of her and then infact a few people posed with her. What the? I wasn't sure it I should move out of the picture. People are strange!
Just like the sign says... Washington Landmark. So tasty!
Monday, we went on a tour through the Capital. This morning was quite the adventure. First, I made us late leaving. Then we got stuck in traffic. Which then after a long walk to get to the capital I realized I didn't have my camera with me and I had dropped it somewhere along the way. After a huge panic I sent Amy and Afton into the capital for our tour and I ran and retraced our steps and found my camera on capital hill! HUGE RELIEF! Then we missed our tour and just had to go through the self guided tour. It was quite the morning! Once we were on our own schedule our day turned around and we spent the day getting all the last minute things I wanted to see done! It was a great day and had so much fun with the Langley gals!

Tuesday, my last day we wanted to go see Mount Vernon. It was breath-taking! I'm so glad we made the drive to see it. I can see why it is Amy's favorite spot! After our fun time here, we headed back to Amy's and I had to pack for my flight that evening. I didn't want to leave! Of course on our way to the airport we hit up the mall and enjoyed some shopping!

This was just the trip that I needed. I had never been to Washington DC before and don't know how I had lived 26 years of my life without seeing this city? I'm so glad that I was able to see this city with Nate, Amy and sweet Afton and couldn't have had better host. Thanks so much for letting me come and stay with you and showing me your city! Anytime you want to come back to Utah I will happily take you around! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment