"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The best 4 seconds

The awaited Saturday for the U of U vs BYU finally arrived. Thanks to our early and bitterly cold winter it made for a very long and miserable game. Rach and I kept debating to we leave so we can get feeling in our feet? We knew if we did that we would miss a very epic ending.... and that's exactloy what would have happened. We decided who needs to feel their feet? It took a while for the Utes to give us something to cheer about. But once 4th quarter hit that stadium was ALIVE! With 4 minutes left of the game the Utes pulled ahead for the first time of the game. Fastfoward to the last 4 seconds of the game. BYU has the ball and were going to kick the "winning field goal" of so they thought. The Utes blocked their field goal and took the victory! The stadium was going WILD! I don't think I had ever been so cold in my entire life and we still had another half of the game.

Funny story: After the BIG WIN, a big majority of the Utes fans decided to go on the field. I'm not sure how I pictured the fans getting on the field. But jumping down a 10 foot wall was not it. Once we had got to that point it was too late to turn around. So Rachael, Branden and I made the plunge. I don't know if I was at the edge again if I could do it again. But thanks to the great victory and not being able to feel my feet it made it pretty simple. The moral of the story. Do your research of how you will have to get on the field before you say, "we are going down there. Let's go!"
One more day it feels great to wear RED! GO UTES!

1 comment:

  1. WOO HOO! That would have been an AMAZING game to go watch! I wish I could have been there! Go Utes!

    ReplyDelete