"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The start of a great summer

I don't know if there has been a year that I have been more excited for it to warm up so I could be outside. There are so many things I want to be doing instead of going home from a long day work and being indoors. The snow is melting quickly in the valley. Thanks to my friend day light savings time that is was not dark when I left I was able to go and play tennis last night. It was such a good night. I didn't play tennis once last summer and now really regretting it. Putting my awful tennis skills aside it was great to be outside and doing something active.
On the docket for this summer: road biking. (I'm purchasing my bike this weekend) Ashley and I have accepted the challenge for a Century Bike ride (100 miles) We have committed to at least 36 miles. I would like to at least do the 67 mile leg, but we will see. The race is 2 months from last Monday. So I better purchase my bike and get training. Also, mini triathalon round two. I will be doing the "repeat" portion of the race. So it will be twice as long and twice as hard, but I'm ready for the challenge. So I have until the end of July to get my behind in shape and ready to go!
It should be a good time and I'm up for the challenge. It was such a great outlet for me last year, I hope to have the same positive experience. Plus, it is a good thing to cross off the "bucket list". Here is to Spring and hopefully summer is not too far behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment