Thanks to attending hours and hours of teleconferences at work, I have come to have a few blog favorites that I have just stumbled across. This one being one of them. In this particular posts she talked about how wonderful things have happened to her when she has "theme years". I'm all about a good theme and even more about having a year that knocks my socks off!
I received an unexpected call on December 27th letting me know my "position had been eliminated". I knew lays offs were possible in my department but I was told not to be concerned. This was not the way I wanted to start a new year. So thankfully that call came in 2011 and 4 days later I was able to put it behind me and start living 2012.
And I can honestly say 2012 has already lived up to its name. I have been able to have several weeks off to spend with family, friends and been lucky enough to spend the majority of the time traveling. Now, being able to look at the situation I was also able to get away from a manager that I did not see eye to eye, a position that had vastly changed and take a long paid vacation thanks to UOP.
Here is to a new year and new dreams!
YOD... here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment