"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

Monday, June 4, 2012

Little Red Riding Hood Bike Ride

 Friday afternoon, I receive a phone call from my friend Jill. 
"Hey Morg! What are you doing tomorrow afternoon?  You want to ride Little Red with me tomorrow?" 

That's just what I did.  
(I tried, to get in to this ride within the first 20 minutes registration opened and the site had crashed it was completely full) 
This was my second ride of the season, so I wasn't prepared at all.  

We did the 36 mile portion, and if it wasn't for the heat near the end I could have kept going.

The day definitely did not start off warm.  I received this text from my sissy that was doing the 80mile portion. 
 Within the first 10 miles, the sun started shining and things started heating up! 
So off went the jackets! 

 Jill and I had a great time together.  We just talked, laughed and pedaled!
Best part about the ride for Jill: Organic animal crackers at the stops
Best part about the ride for Me:  Coke at the finish line

 At the finish line I was able to meet up and hang with my sissy for a bit.  She killed it! 


Things to remember for next year:  
1. The race is about an hour north of Logan, so plan accordingly. 
2. When it is cloudy and rainy, still put on sunscreen even if you are wearing a jacket.  (I'm pretty sure you will be able to see this tanline the ENTIRE summer and probably took at least 5 years off my life.  I'm currently still radiating heat and incredibly red on my back, two days later!)
3. Don't wait until mid May for your first ride of the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment