Received a phone call from my mom letting me know that my sweet Soph, had broken her leg and was going into surgery. To make things worse, my sister Jennifer was in Boston.
Sophia was the bravest girl I know and handled everything like a champ.
(Minus the part where the paramedics cut off her favorite outfit. She is still mad about that)
She was at Primary Children's for 2.5 days and then was in her soft cast for a week while the swelling went down.
We have watched lots of movies, colored, done every craft in the book and it has only been 2 weeks.
The day after Soph came home her spirits were down, so Aunt Natalie brought Gabe down (favorite cousin) and they were able to play and somehow ended up painting every ones toes. We had to get a little creative how Sophia could reach her "clients" so on to the counter I went.
Since this picture, Sophia has been put in her hard cast that unfortunately goes almost to her chest to prevent movement in her leg. She is quite the trooper and becoming very fast in her wheelchair.
I have always known that I had an amazing family, however, we have gone to a whole new level of supportive.
No comments:
Post a Comment