Anyone that knows me, knows that I am always down for a vacation.
So when my pal, Tyler called on Monday and said,
"Lets's go to Vegas this weekend and meet some friends!"
It was a no brainer.
We booked our hotel the next day.
And were on the road Friday morning.
We left bright n' early,
(Okay maybe 30 minutes later than planned since I didn't wake up on time, sorry Ty!)
Long drives always create many laughs and this drive was no exception.
You learn a lot of things about people when you are with them for an extended amount of time.
I thought I had learned quite a bit about Tyler in Lake Powell.
WRONG!
I did not know he was a murderer until this trip.
We were peacefully driving along and singing to some tunes when all of a sudden....
BAM! Right on the window in front of my face was a bird.
I'm sad to say, the bird is dead and my friend is a murderer.
Watch out little birdies!
Once we made it to Vegas we headed straight to "Thunder from Down Under"!
Fine... I wish.
We actually headed straight to the pool and waited for our friends to get there.
We had quite a bit of time to hang out while the others traveled in.
Once all of the crew had arrived we took a trip down the strip and before we knew it, it was 4:00am!
Once I realized what time it was, I was done.
The next day included tasty lunch from a deli on the strip and lots of walking and ended at the pool before we had to get ready to see this...
The show was awesome! I always loved watching them on "MTV's America's Best Dance Crew!"
Then we headed to Serendipity for a birthday celebration for Christina's birthday.
One of my favorite Vegas dining places.
Overall trip assessment:
Singing to Disney favorites passes the time driving very quickly.
Walking the strip multiple times in not my favorite.
Vegas has WAY cooler restaurants than Salt Lake does.
Spending time with new and old friends makes for a great weekend!
And last minute trips are a good decision.
Thanks, Tyler for another successful trip!
You are officially my 2012 Summer Travel Buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment