The Monster Mash
Halloween is a great time of year to spend with family and friends.
There was lots of celebration.
The weekend before Halloween we all headed up to the Wall cabin for a party.
It is hard to not have a great time while at the cabin because of how gorgeous it is up there.
There is never a dull moment with us.
As you can see, we were all reading by the light of the leg lamp.
And who is Mario without his sidekick, Luigi?
(Ash was nice enough to let Ty borrow her costume for the party!)
All of us at work love celebrating Halloween and always look forward to beating our last years costume.
Ash and I every year have said we need to be Mario and Luigi.
We finally made it happen!
And after spending the day in overalls, I'm pretty sure we never wanted to take them off because of the comfort of them!
All my little cuties (except Porter) came to my work trick or treating event.
They are darling and I love them so much!
Halloween was on a Wednesday, which is my teaching night.
I was a mean teacher and made my students still come to class.
(Don't judge me, class has been canceled 3 times this semester)
After I got out of class, I headed up to watch a movie with Elaine, Aubree & Ty.
Now backing up a little bit.
When we were in San Fran we watched the movie Strangers.
I hate that movie and it scares me A LOT!
Specifically I hate the "Bag Man"
When we watched it, I made Tyler promise me he would never scare me as the Bag Man.
When we were up at the cabin Aubree made multiple attempts, pretty much spent the entire Sunday trying to scare me. To her dismay she never successfully did. Which only fueled her fire.
I had a feeling these little stinkers would try and scare me.
Especially if I was late joining the party.
And I was right.
I purposely did not let Tyler know when I left class; and received a message from her telling me to hurry and send him a Glympe (a locator app) link so he could make sure I got to the house okay.
Right there I really knew something was up!
So, I responded that I was just leaving downtown and I would be there in 20 minutes.
Which was a complete lie.
I was maybe 2-3 miles away from the house. I parked in the driveway but instead of walking through the garage like usual, and what they would expect. I walked to the front door.
I rang the door bell and they say me and I heard, "Hurry! She is here!"
I freakin knew it!
And then I saw the Bag Man run by.
Some days I really hate my friends.
After refusing to come into the house.
I made a fast dash to the room of safety.
and of course, I was soon followed by the creeper, Bag Man!
Finally, Aubree and Tyler (the promise breaker) we able to fulfill their dreams and scare me with the Bag Man.
Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment