"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

875 miles driving plus 90 minutes of flying get you this....

Cassia and I have been best of friends since 1998.
We have been through pretty much everything together. 
Borrowing clothes, countless boyfriends, heartbreaks, girls nights, petty fights, college, real fights, marriage, more boyfriends, lots of moves, Ty being deployed, Cass becoming a mom of baby Gage, more moves, and now Mom of twins.... and another move. 
So what does this mean?  
That in order to see my friend, I needed to go to Texas and surprise her! 

I had originally planned to go to Phoenix, but at the last minute I changed my plans and decided to surprise Cass. Made a quick phone call to her husband and made sure they were going to be home and told him I would arrive later on Thursday night and to have answer the door and DON'T SAY A WORD.

Much to my surprise, Tyrell didn't say a word and it was the BEST SURPRISE EVER once Cassia finally opened the door.  It took several knocks!  


Since I already had my flight to Phoenix I decided to just rent a car and drive down to El Paso from there.  Very long boring drive.  But thanks to Songza, Voxer and treats I survived the 7+ hour drive.  

I was able to soak up lots of time with her sweet babes.  This little lady may have won my heart over.  I carried her around everywhere with me!  (Apparently I didn't get any pictures with Bridger, Cass you will have to send me the one with both of those cuties!)

This time was much needed for both of us.  It was so much fun to be able to stay up late talking, watching videos of us in high school (we thought we were so cool).  I've missed this girl more than I realized.  There are very few friends that know you inside and out and I'm lucky enough to have a few of those in my life.  

Thanks for a wonderful weekend, Cassia!  Tell those babies of yours not too grow up too fast. 

3 comments:

  1. Phoenix! El Paso! You should have swung by Tucson! What a wonderful surprise! You both look great! Next time I expect a surprise visit from you and your way to visit Cassia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kali! You are so right... I drove right through not even thinking! I promise next time... I will stop!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, reading this makes me a littlE sweaty eye'd! That really was the best surprise ever, and um, definitely NOT my mom. Hahaha lol. I can't wait to come home and spend so much more time together!!! This was much needed and I just love you so much more for it!! Love your beautiful face!!!!

    ReplyDelete