"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

San Diego Frolics

“You’re off to great places.
Today is your day.
Your mountain is waiting,
So get on your way.”
                                  -Dr. Seuss

A few months back Jason invited me to go to San Diego. 
After a moment of thinking and a phone call from Matt, I was in!

This last weekend was perfect. 
Jason and I flew to Long Beach on Friday and then drove down to San Diego.
It has been a while since I have flown with somebody.  
It was fun to not have to drop each other off and actually get to go somewhere together. 

When we got to Long Beach, the car rental worker insisted we needed the Mustang convertible. 
Naturally, we HAD to accept. 
The 405 had never looked so good!  

In the last few months the great state of California has stolen two of my favorite people, Matt and Josh.
This trip I was lucky enough to spend time with both of them. 
Jason and I got to the hotel and cleaned up and walked across the hall and starting chilling with Matt, Binny and Dalton.
Shortly later, Josh came to give me a hug before we went and hit the town that night. 
It was so nice to see him. 
I have missed these boys.  
 We all had a great time dancing the night away together.
Before we knew it, it was 3:00am, which was 4:00am back home. 
I was spent and starving.  
We tried to find food but were completely unsuccessful and all went and crashed. 
 The next morning we met up with the gang and went and enjoyed the parade and grabbed some breakfast. 
 Side note:  These are two of my favorite people in the whole entire world. Seriously. 
Love them. Love that they get along so well. Couldn't think of two people I would rather spend a weekend with on the beach. 
 Binny came to San Diego too. 
I met him in LA when I was there last visiting Matt
He is great so fun to have him there. 
 After strolling in Hillcrest for a bit a few of us decided it was beach time. 
Jason's friend, Maryn, from Phoenix and her friend Kyle joined us for the weekend as well. 
La Jolla Cove was beautiful.  
We played on the beach for a few hours and just enjoyed the scenery. 

We all headed back to the hotel and got ready to dance the night away again. 
 Sunday morning I received a call from my cousins. Mike and Michelle from Sacramento.
They happened to be in San Diego and eating brunch right down the street from my hotel. 
I ran over to say hi to them before we headed downtown.
It was so great to see them even though it was just a quick minute. 
Love my family. Wish we all lived closer. 

We spent Sunday wondering around Balboa Park.
Maryn and Kyle started their journey back to Phoenix later that evening. 
It was so fun to meet Maryn.  
We contemplated going and meeting Matt that night. 
But that would have required me to wash my hair at 10:30 at night... and that just wasn't happening. 
I convinced Jason we needed to go to the beach before we left in the morning. 
Being the wonderful guy he is, he agreed. 
We walked a bit and enjoyed the beautiful ocean. 
So peaceful. 

Monday morning, Josh came by the hotel and hung out for a few while we packed up. 
Then we started back to Long Beach. 
It was a gorgeous drive and confirms our idea to do a coast trip via convertible. 

On our way home, we graciously wrote my mother an email.
Dear Mother,

We are letting you know we have decided to officially become California residents. We didn't want to but the sun, beach and beautiful boys have given us no choice. Give Gracie my love. Also, please send us 1.6 million so we can buy a one bedroom shack to live in.

With love,
Morgan & Jason

That email pretty much sums up the weekend. 
Heaven and I did not want to come home. 

1 comment:

  1. I totally missed you at Long Beach...by just a few days either way. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete