We decided to take a day trip to Pisa and Lucca while staying in Florence.
There is nothing really in Pisa with the exception of this little leaning beauty.
We took the train in and headed straight to the tower.
This picture was the reason why we made this stop.
I wanted to recreate this picture that my Grandparents took many years before.
Especially with just losing Grams.
With starting my trip so close to after her passing and missing her funeral, I really had to just put it in the back of my mind. I couldn't think about it otherwise I would completely crumble.
"Tower of Pisa" Grams and Grandpa would both be proud of this trip. They traveled and saw the world. I love knowing they have both been here and loved this country. This stop was for you G&G!"
-instragram post 9/12/14
We took a ton of pictures and maybe we were the tourists type that was trying to hold up that tower.
We got to the train station with plenty of time so we wouldn't miss our train to Lucca.
And just our luck they had 2 different platforms numbered the same and we missed it.
Keri almost jumped the tracks to make it.
She had her very own Dauntless moment.
We attempted to run and catch it... and no luck.
So we stayed in Pisa and had lunch before heading to Lucca.
Lucca was a last minute decision.
So many people in Florence suggested we go to this charming little city.
It is a city that was built with walls surrounding it to keep Germany out.
Mission Accomplished Lucca.
We rented bikes and pedaled around this city.
It was the first city we could just put the GPS down and explore.
We loved it.
We biked on top of the wall, all through out the streets
"We are basically bottomless pits here. For the record, I was gelato free yesterday. This was the BEST gelato of my life. Lucca had this cute Ma&Pa shop that made their gelato. So good. I will be dreaming of this for the rest of my life." -instagram post 9/12/14
Lucca was such a fun surprise and we loved it.
It was such a good day.
It was long, but memorable.
I fell asleep on the train on the way home.
This was a common occurrence for me.
Next stop tomorrow.... Rome










No comments:
Post a Comment