It doesn't matter how much you actually "prepare" to lose someone, you never really are prepared.
My Grams health had really declined this year.
It was so hard watching her not be independent and strong as she has been for the last 93 years.
September 3rd, I received a call from my Mom letting me know that Grams was at the end and would only have a couple of days at most.
I wrapped things up at work and headed down to her place.
I needed to be with her and my mom.
I spent hours in her room with her and being there for my mom.
Finally around 9:00pm, I realized my mom had not had any food today.
I grabbed my dad and left to go get some pizza for everyone.
Within minutes we received the call to get back that she had passed.
As peaceful as it is, it is still so hard to know that I will not have new memories with her on this earth.
I have been so blessed to have a Grandma that not only loves me, but has been a big part of my life.
Even when her and my Grandpa lived in New Mexico, we still were able to talk to them every Sunday.
They came up for holidays, special occasions and we took trips down to see them every year.
I played jewelry shop for hours in her living room with all her jewelry.
I sat and sang while she played the piano.
We played countless games of cards.
She is a lady that taught by example.
She has served so many people in her life.
I'm thankful for her.
And will miss having her apart of my daily life.
And will miss having her apart of my daily life.





soooo sad!
ReplyDelete