"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I love you, California!

Anyone in Utah this year would agree with me that this winter has been a long, miserable winter. 
I am not one that usually gets the "winter blues" but I'm pretty sure this year did me in. 
I was craving sunshine, clean air and warm weather. 

I typically make a trip out to the sunny state every winter.  
I arranged with my friend, Nergal a couple of weeks ago and the countdown was on. 



In between when I booked my ticket and arrived, my friend Matt decided to move to LA. 
The timing was perfect for my trip and was able to see him on his first weekend there. 

I arrived on Friday afternoon and was able to miss LA traffic and get downtown in record time. 
Met up with Mr Daniels and we were off to see the city.  
We enjoyed a nice dinner and then went out on the town. 

He had been asking me for a couple of weeks of what I wanted to do while I was there. 
My only request.  
GO TO THE BEACH. 
Saturday we spent the day at Santa Monica pier and walked the beach for a while. 
I was loving life. 
Santa Monica is beautiful. 
He took me there before but this time we spent the entire day there. 

We were able to meet up with Matt and his sister Natalie for a late lunch.
Love them!


We then headed back downtown and relaxed for a bit before heading out to dinner.

Both on Saturday and Sunday afternoon we were stuck in this traffic.  
I don't know how people deal with it?!


Sunday morning, I was able to meet up with Matt again and see his new apartment and go have brunch.  Nergal had to skip out and head to work since he had been off the entire weekend with me.
The weather was absolutely perfect.  
Matt and I walked the farmers market and the Grove a little bit before I had to head back to the airport. 
I did not want to leave and was soaking up the sun until the very last minute.  


Sent this picture to Matt right before I came home to this.  

Not nearly as warm or pretty. 

Spring time is near.... I'm hoping!

and if not, the countdown is on to go back in April. 




This was a great weekend away and was treated like royalty out there by both my California boys. 

Until next month.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment